Thursday, May 23, 2019

Taking A Tour Of Trolls!


What is a Tour of Trolls? Simply put, I'm going to play every single caster in Trolls with a list that I think suits them well and document the experience. 

I'm currently a Trollbloods player in MK3 Warmachine & Hordes. I've played the faction since MK2 and it's what I've decided to dedicate my time to now that MK3 has really hit its stride.  I love the kind of grinding attrition style games that Trolls want to play and I like the in-game mechanics of how you start with mediocre stats that can be buffed up to amazing heights when played correctly.

If you know anything about WMHD MK3, you know that after the freak accident of play testing known as Madrak2 was fixed, Trolls had a pretty bad place in the meta for the game. 

Privateer has since fixed this by putting the faction through their Community Integrated Development (CID) process.

I've played Trolls pre-CID, and while CID was hitting I was effectively forced out of playing table top games for a while to take care of my wife through the end of the pregnancy with and the subsequent delivery of our second daughter. 

Now that things have settled down, I've started to get games in again and I really want to explore the faction. Things really do feel new and shiny due to the re-balancing of old models, the new themes, and the new Northkin releases we just got. 

Trolls feel completely wide open as a faction in terms of what lists and casters are viable for use. I actually think that even the "worst" casters in Trolls actually have a good amount of game and can have lists built around them that make them a solid choice for a list pairing.

So I'm basically going to play every single caster in the faction and document how it goes in detail.

Some casters may need to wait a month or two before I get to them since I think they want a Hooch Hauler to really shine, and that won't be in my hands till at least February.

No comments:

Post a Comment